The aviation industry supports 62.7 million jobs around the world. Most of the people find a job within the industry itself and rest jobs are provided by supporting services. Thus Airlines are one of the biggest jobs creators globally. If you are looking for a rewarding and exciting career then it is hard to find any industry better than Aviation.
- Travel Opportunities: Aviation industry offers travel opportunities both on and off work. Some of the job itself requires extensive traveling for example pilots and in-flight crew. They spend days traveling to various destinations, rental cars, and other travel-related perks. Other employees get travel benefits of various kinds most of the time even extended to their family members. Generally, they can travel for almost free or greatly reduced prices (permitted seat availability).
- Meeting new people: Aviation is fast-paced and dynamic service based industry. It serves a greater number of people than any other industry. Fight crew and airport staff no doubt meets hundreds of people on daily basis but the technical staff working in line maintenance and engineers often get the opportunity to work with the staff of OEMs and various airlines.
- Company Benefits: Airport jobs and technical staff receive comparatively lesser travel opportunities. However, these jobs are well paying and qualifies for various benefits. Employees are offered a complete package of benefits. Travel benefits as we already mentioned is one of such benefits.
- Opportunity to Learn and Develop: Aviation is a fast-paced and competitive industry. This industry invests a lot in their employee's training and development, to keep them at par raising industry standards. Airlines offer workshops and advanced courses to their technical staff to provide them the tools that they require to keep pace with technical innovations in the industry.
- Lifestyle Benefits: Aviation is one of those industries which believes that their employees must enjoy life outside of work. To ensure this keep them happy in their workplace. Employees usually don't carry their work home. Most of the airlines also make sure that the health of their employees are looked after as a number of jobs require constant traveling or erratic work hours. The health benefits are usually extended to their families as well.
- Variety of Jobs: Aviation offers a variety of jobs. Most of us know only about the pilot and in-flight crews but there is a number of employees work behind the scenes to keep this large industry running. Some of the jobs are Airport administration, Flight dispatchers, avionics engineer, aircraft maintenance engineers, safety instructors, aviation meteorologists and many such important job opportunities.
The aviation industry is no doubt one of the best employer to work for. It offers work stability and the excitement of dealing with similarly exciting people. You need to match your interests and skills to the number of aviation jobs available.